I love soup. It’s one of my favourite foods! Until recently I had never eaten butternut squash (I now know what I was missing out on), and so I had no idea what to make with one. I decided I would try it in soup, and so after learning how to roast a squash I decided to make my own soup, and it’s delicious.
- One butternut squash
- Spinach (pick the amount based on how much you want, I added about 1/4 cup)
- One onion
- Clove minced garlic
- One carton of vegetable broth
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- First you need to prepare the vegetables for roasting. Cut the squash in two, placing each half face down onto a pan that is greased with vegetable oil.
- Dice the onion and add garlic, place in a pan separate to the squash.
- Bake both the onion mixture and the squash for one hour.
- Removing the squash from the skin add one squash half, along with half the onion mixture, half the spinach, and half the broth to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in a large pot.
- Repeat steps 5&6 for the second half of the ingredients.
- Heat the mixture on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
If you try my recipe and find the soup tasty, please let me know!